(information from WBBH-TV press release) – November 2012 was quite the ratings period for Fort Myer’s WBBH. The station boasts ratings numbers that show the station winning early morning and afternoon 4-pm to 6pm local news time slots. The station’s 6pm newscast was the highest rated in the state of Florida. WBBH claims that its simulcasts of “Wheel of Fortune” and “Jeopardy” get the #1 spot in the national ratings and its simulcast of “NBC Nightly News” is #2 nationally among NBC affiliates. No other Fort Myers ratings were available.
Read the official WBBH-TV press release below….
WBBH (NBC2) BECOMES FLORIDA’S HIGHEST RATED 6PM LOCAL NEWSCAST!
DECEMBER 20, 2012 – Fort Myers, Florida
“NBC2 News at 6pm” was the highest rated 6pm local newscast in the state of Florida during the month of November 2012, according to Nielsen Media Research data. “NBC Nightly News” was also the highest rated national newscast at 6:30pm in the state of Florida, positioning WBBH as a dominate ratings force.
The 6:30pm “Nightly News” ratings win also makes WBBH #2 nationally among NBC stations in metered market ratings and #3 nationally of all evening network newscasts. The domination continues at 7pm where WBBH ranks #1 nationally of all metered markets in pre-primetime audience delivery with “Wheel of Fortune” and “Jeopardy!”
WBBH November Ratings highlights and details include:
- NBC2 Wins 5AM with a 3 rating/14 Share delivering as many People 25-54 as all other local newscasts combined.
- NBC2 Wins 6AM with a 6 rating/ 20 Share delivering twice as many People 25-54 as its closest competitor.
- NBC TODAY Wins with a 8 rating/ 21 Share delivering as many viewers as CBS This Morning and ABC’s Good Morning America combined in the Fort Myers market.
- NBC2 Wins 4PM with a 4 rating/ 8 Share.
- NBC2 Wins 5PM with a 5 rating/ 10 Share.
- NBC2 Wins 5:30PM with a 7 rating/ 12 Share delivering as many People 25-54 as all other local newscasts combined.
- NBC2 Wins 6PM with a 10 rating/ 18 Share and becomes the highest rated 6pm local newscast in the state of Florida.
- NBC Nightly News Wins at 6:30PM with 13 rating/ 21 Share beating both CBS Evening News and ABC World News Tonight combined in the Fort Myers market.
- Wheel of Fortune Wins at 7PM with a 13 rating/21 Share and Jeopardy Wins at 7:30PM with a 12 rating/ 19 Share – making WBBH #1 nationally in metered market ratings from 7-8pm.
- The Tonight Show Wins at 11:30PM making WBBH #1 in ratings among metered markets in the state of Florida in the time period.